Do you qualify to receive free dental treatment?
Passion Family Dental North Lakes welcome patients using the Queensland Government Dental Vouchers.
These vouchers are available to eligible residents requiring either emergency or general dental care and enable patients to access a private dental practitioner instead of a Queensland health dental clinic.
The issuing of these vouches is at the discretion of the Hospital and Health Service.
There are two types of vouchers that are issued:
These vouchers allow recipients to receive up to $260 worth of emergency dental treatment.
This allows your North Lakes dentist to treat just the one tooth that requires urgent attention.
It does not cover treatments such as comprehensive examinations and professional cleans.
General Dental Vouchers allow recipients to receive up to $750 worth of general dental treatment.
This allows your dentist to do a full examination and thorough clean and any other general treatment, such as fillings, that are required, up to the value of your voucher.
There is often a waiting list to receive these vouchers so we would recommend that patients let their names on the waiting list as soon as possible.
Eligibility for Adults
In Queensland, adults can access these free publicly funded vouchers if they meet the following criteria:
- You are a Queensland resident and are eligible for Medicare
- You receive benefits from one of the following concession cards:
- Pension Concession Card issued by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs
- Pension Card issued by Centrelink
- Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Queensland Seniors Card
The eligibility for dental vouchers extends to the dependents named on and eligible adult’s concession card
How to Obtain a Dental Voucher
We are open from Monday to Friday 8:00 to 5:00pm.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, you need to contact your nearest Queensland Oral Health Service Centre on 1300 300 850.
They are open Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) from 7:30 am to 4:00pm.
You can either present yourself to the Oral Health clinic to collect your voucher or they can send you a text message with the voucher details.
Keep in mind that these vouchers take 24 hours to activate so the earliest you can make an appointment with your North Lakes dentist would be the following day.
You will need to bring proof of identification with you to your appointment such as your Medicare card or drivers’ licence, as well as your concession card.
Make sure you mention that you will be using a voucher when you book your appointment so that our friendly receptionists can have the paperwork all prepared.
Don’t Think Your Are Intitled?
If you don’t think that you are entitled to receive these government vouchers, you will still be entitled to one of Passion Family Dental North Lakes great offers:
- Passion Family Dental VIP Membership* (*Obligation and cost free to join, 10% discount on treatment, free consultations) Link to information on our website
- $178 Professional Check-Up and Clean* (*package includes exam, 2 x-rays, clean and fluoride) Link to information on our website
- $85-$118 Children’s Check-Up and Clean* (*package includes exam, 2 x-rays, clean and fluoride, for children with no health fund and not eligible for CBDS) Link to information on our website
- Passion Family Dental North Lakes also accepts children who are eligible for Medicare’s Children’s Dental Benefits Scheme (CBDS) Link to information on our website
For further information regarding the Queensland Government Dental Vouchers go to https://www.health.qld.gov.au/oralhealth/services/adult.