COVID-19 Update: Announcing Eased Dental Restrictions
We are happy to announce that we will be open again on Monday 27 April!
Following a Federal Cabinet meeting on 21 April 2020, the Australian Dental Association (ADA) says that patients can get more dental treatments done following the restriction on dental practices being eased from Level 3 back to Level 2 from 27 April 2020.
Passion Family Dental North Lakes can now perform more dental procedures outside emergencies, including dental examinations, simple non-invasive fillings, non-surgical extractions, restorative procedures, non-ultrasonic hand scaling, mouth ulcer treatments, fluoride treatments and denture procedures.
“It’s great news because it means dentists can open their doors again and attend to a broader range of patient needs and not just emergencies,” ADA president Dr Carmelo Bonanno said.
“Dentists have the highest level of infection control standards which is what makes it viable for them to work under the Level 2 restrictions.”
“People concerned about any oral health issue can call their dentist, and they will make an assessment of possible treatment under the eased restrictions,” Dr Bonanno added.
Closure of thousands of practices across the nation due to the need to control the spread of the virus has impacted on the services that can be provided.
Patients faced long delays for restorative and preventative treatment which could have resulted in their oral health deteriorating considerably.
Further, the economic impacts on dental practices were starting to have a significant effect as many faced short-term or permanent closure as well as staff redundancies.
The Australian Dental Association recognises, however, that today’s announcement is not a complete return to the full scope of practice services.
“This is a huge step in the right direction, and we thank the National Cabinet and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee for recommending this decisive step which will help patients, dental practices and the economy,” Dr Bonanno said.
“We look forward to the complete return of all dental services further down the track.”
Let’s Help Flatten the Curve!
While the number of cases continues to decrease per day, let us not forget to practise preventative measures to keep everybody from acquiring the coronavirus.
Follow the simple steps to prevent getting sick:
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Wash them for 20 seconds, and help young children do the same. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. Viruses that cause colds and flu’s can enter your body this way and make you sick
- Follow social distancing rules. Remember to stay at least 1.5 metres away from others when you are out and about
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow. Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow to reduce the spread of droplets. Use a tissue and throw it out immediately after use
- Stay away from people who are sick. Sick people can spread viruses through close contact with others
If you have the following symptoms, call your doctor for medical advice:
- Sore throat
- Fatigue, and
- Difficulty breathing (call 000 to get urgent help)
WE WILL BE OPEN NEXT WEEK!
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any concerns via email (email@example.com) or Facebook Messenger. From Monday 27 April you can call us on (07) 3465 1199. We are located at Unit 4/6 Endeavour Boulevard in North Lakes.